ABOUT THE STANDARD
Energy efficiency helps organizations save money, as well as conserve resources and address climate change. The energy management system enables organizations from all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through development of energy management system.
EN ISO 50001 is based on the model of continuous improvement system. This model allows organizations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management. This standard defines requirements for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of energy management systems, the purpose of which is to enable the organization to systematically monitor the achievement of energy performance improvements, including energy efficiency, use and energy consumption.
EN ISO 50001 defines requirements that apply to energy consumption and use, including measurement, documentation and reporting, design and maintenance procedures for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to energy efficiency. The standard is intended to be used independently. It can be applied to any organization that wants to verify that it is working in accordance with its energy policy.
EN ISO 50001 provides a framework for organizations to:
- develop energy policy;
- determine objectives and energy objectives;
- use informations and to better understand and make decisions about energy use;
- monitors, measures and evaluates results;
- constantly improves energy management.
BENEFITS OF CERTIFICATION
Benefits of EN ISO 50001 implementation and certification:
- improving energy efficiency;
- reduction of energy costs;
- reduction of greenhouse effect gas emissions;
- improving corporate image and reputation among interested parties;compliance with legal regulations;
- increased environmental responsibility by reducing resource consumption;
- availability of organization information that will be understandable to all interested parties to demonstrate a commitment to improving energy performance.